How much does it cost?
- Log Kit Cost: $30 to $60 per square foot depending on what is in the package and the size of the home.
- Log Kit and Weather Tight Materials:$60 to $80 per square foot depending on the size of the home and what options are included. The weather tight materials include the log kit, windows & exterior doors, all framing materials from the first floor joists to sheeting on the roof.
- Log Kit, Weather Tight Materials and Labor: (Dry In) $90 to $115 per square foot depending on the complexity of the plan and the location of the home.
- Turn Key: Owner/Builder:$140 to $160 per square foot, depending on how much work is done by the homeowner.
- Turn Key: Owner/Contractor:$160 to $180 per square foot depending on the complexity of the plan and location of the home.
- Turn Key: General Contractor:$200 to $275 per square foot depending on the complexity of the plan and location of the home.
How long does it take to build a log home?
A general contractor can generally build a log home in 5 to 8 months.
Does it cost more for a custom floor plan?
No. Everything we do is custom, it is just part of our service.
How long does it take to get blueprints?
Blueprints generally take 3 to 6 months to complete.
Factors in the Process are:
- Your review and changes to the plan
- The complexity of the home
- The building location
- The structural engineering requirements for your location
Do I need to worry about Termites or decay in my log home?
No, western cedar is a top rated wood for its workability, low moisture content and resistance to decay and insects.